Our call for new flavors attracted more than 15,000 entries from all over the world. Ideas ranged from sweets made with the specialty produce of certain countries to nostalgic flavors that KITKAT has sold in the past.
From all of those entries, we have chosen 21 of the best flavor ideas as candidates for our Worldwide Election.
What new flavors will be released in the autumn of 2018? KITKAT’s fate is now in your hands…!
2018 marks the 45th anniversary of KITKAT's arrival in Japan.
Born in Britain in 1935, KITKAT arrived in Japan for the first time in 1973. In the 45 years since then, a total of more than 350 original flavors developed in Japan have been released, and Japan's KITKATs are now loved all around the world.
To commemorate the 45th anniversary, this year, we are putting out a worldwide call for new flavors!
We will now hold a Worldwide Election to vote on some of the best ideas received, to decide on the new flavors to be released this autumn.
Gather your friends and get out and vote!
- Call for New Flavors
Mon., April 2 - Sun., April 8, 2018
The call for new flavor ideas has now closed.
So many ideas were received. Thank you!
- Worldwide Election
Fri., April 20 - Fri., April 27, 2018
The Worldwide Election has closed.
Thank you for the many votes received!
Go to Voting Page
* Announcement of the results and release of the new products are scheduled for around November 2018.
- Anyone can take part in this campaign. You do not need to buy any products to participate.
- Employees of Nestlé Japan Ltd and their associates may not take part in this campaign.
- Please note that Nestlé Japan will bear no responsibility for any problems with communication connections.
- Any communication or connection charges are to be paid by the customer.
- The flavors entered into the worldwide election will be selected by Nestlé Japan Ltd.
- You may post as many times as you like, but please refrain from posting multiple times with the same contents.
- Please note that any posts that are unrelated to a “flavor” or that are offensive to public order and morals, posts that have the potential to be libelous or to defame the character or credibility of another person, and posts that violate the intellectual property rights, including ownership rights and copyright, honor, credibility, privacy or other rights of a third party will be deleted without notice.